Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thrifty Thursday




I am teased quite a bit about being a paper hoarder. It's true I do save my scraps. Today's post is an example of why I do. There are so many little projects you can make using them. This little flower pot and flower is a hiding a Dum Dum lollipop. Cute don't you think? I actually brought these to Convention and swapped them for other 3-D swaps. They were a big hit and easy to make. I found the pattern here.








Fold a 2" x 6" piece of DSP in half

From the folded edge, score 1/2" and 2 1/4"

To create the diagonal slant of the flower pot. Cut from the 2 1/4" scored line to the folded edge, 1/2" in on either side.

Open up and add a small square of cardstock to bottom of flower pot to give it a little more "weight". I used the 3/4" square punch.



Fold DSP into flower pot shape with lollipop inside. I used glue dots to hold the sides close. Top with flower of your choice using glue dots. Thanks for stopping by today. Don't be shy leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cozy Fall Crafting with Paper Pumpkin

August Kit Information Makes 6 fall-themed gift bags  Makes 12 fall-themed gift tags Coordinating colors: Blackberry Bliss, Cal...